Monday, June 2, 2008

Bike Tour



So I know, I know, it's been awhile since I've posted anything, so I will try to be a bit better. On April 18th, Joe and I rode 26.2 miles on our bikes, with little to no training previously. At the end of the race I told Joe I couldn't believe I was not tired at all, he replied (as only a husband can), "Well, it was mostly downhill Jamie." Thanks. "Way to boost my confidence." At any rate the race was extremely fun here are a few highlights.


The Guy with a basket in front of his bike that has a dog inside of it that wears sunglasses, how awesome!


Mile 13 when I yelled the name of a Murray Officer working the course who had no idea who was yelling at him.


Mile 20 when I got really hungry and gobbled down a twix from my pocket.


Mile 23 when a man began to tell his wife to pedal faster and she literally flipped out at him and Joe got a real good chuckle out of the conversation that went something to this effect, (with editing of course)


Husband: "Honey, keep a smooth pedal stroke it will make you go faster."

Wife: "Shut up *** **** ****, get away from me, I'm going as fast as I can."


(It was entertaining)


Mile 26.2 when we finished the race, and said yes to 7-11 Hotdogs, bananas, and creamies (yummy!!).


This is such a fun tradition I am so glad we do, I'm trying to convince everyone and anyone to come do this even if you aren't a great bicyclist (because I'm proof you can do it) and as Joe says It's mostly downhill ;)!! Let me know anyone who wants to join us next April!!!


I was so angry I forgot my disposable camera so this is the only picture I have!!




1 comment:

JOEY's Thoughts of the Day said...

That is cool you go on bike tours that sounds like so much fun. here i am working out at Gold's Gym 4 times a week.