Monday, March 7, 2011

A Glass Half Full




 
I've been thinking a lot about this picture lately. Is the glass Half Full or Half Empty? I've made a more consistent effort in my life to make sure I keep looking at a half full glass.
Recently this cute little mister has been sick (pretty much non-stop). From running noses, coughs, refusing to eat and throwing up, we have dealt with it all in the past little while.





However My glass is still half full. Why? Because I have him to cuddle with all day to wipe his nose, and hold him while he sleeps. Watching the news, reading stories on the internet, listening to trials my friends are going through I realize that indeed I am so blessed.

                                                              I dumped out my half empty glass.


You didn't think I could go a whole blog post without talking about running so here it is.
So in relation to this I'm only doing half of the full marathon I planned to run on my birthday. At first when I switched I was so down on myself thinking my glass was half empty.  See previous blog post.
But I realized something. My glass is half full, I'm half way to reaching a full and its ok if I don't do it right now. (Perhaps in the fall when I can train outside all summer and don't
Have to do over 16 miles on the treadmill).  Because another half is still another huge accomplishment.


I want to be a positive person. I want people to want to talk to me because I make their day better not worse. I refuse to look at anything in life as being half empty. (Whether it is work, exercise,
money, or being a parent).


Why: Cause my glass is half full! How bout yours?

2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Jamie, you are such a sweetheart! I always feel hopeful about life after reading your blog. You have so many great things going on in your life right now, and you have such a great attitude. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rodney and Tanya said...

Are you going to try to do the SLC 24th of July marathon or enter the lottery for the St. George? If so we can do it together!