Thursday, September 11, 2008

Murray Triathlon









I will post more pictures when we get them, this is the only one I have!


We did it! Yeah! I am so excited to say I finally finished my first triathlon here are some highlights!



Thanks to my family and Joe's family for come and cheering us on we really love you and appreciate your support! Thanks Mama and Daddy K and C!




I finished the swimming without drowning that is such an accomplishment a special thanks to Shauntel and JP for giving me all of those lessons at Lake Powell you won't believe how much it helped me I just counted my strokes and I finally made it. Thanks Tanner for carrying me shoes and warmup pants and thanks to all my cute sister in laws Steph, Kim, Whit and Court for coming to support us! Thanks Steph for bringing your camera cause I forgot to check my battery before hand can you e-mail me the pictures?

Joe wasn't feeling well at all (or was it the face his wife beat him j/k) at any rate his finished the race.




We both placed in our divisions! Yeah!






While riding during the bike portion and their was a Murray officer that I knew from my good old days at cadets, he loves to make fun of me and when I passed him on vine street he said, "Jamie my Grandma rides faster than that." However, he wasn't right cause I never saw a Grandma pass me.






After Daddy Cheney took the family to Village Inn and it was a great time. Not to mention there was someone watching over us that race day because less than five minutes after we finished a downpour of hard hail hit and it hurt like crazy!!






I can't wait to do my next week hopefully I can advance from the beginner distance, I really need a training partner, Joe has said triathlons are not his thing any takers?






3 comments:

Shauntel said...

You are SO crazy! I am so impressed! I wish I had ambition like you. However, I do think that we should find some 5K or maybe a 10K and get the whole fam to do it next summer. I think that would be a blast.

I wish I could take credit for helping, but really, it's all you girly! Congrats!

liz + josh said...

hey guys... i love getting caught up with you and your lives! just know josh and i check your blog so keep posting! :) and congrats on completing a triathalon... very impressed!

Nicole said...

Oh wow Jamie! Congrats on doing that. You are way too impressive for me. :)