Friday, October 23, 2009

The Nursery is Complete















The nursery is complete we are just missing one thing! Baby Ty! He's just having a grand old time waiting for his big entrance into the world. He kicks and plays almost all day long and is progressing the opposite way.

I am so proud of our Nursery. For those of you who don't know, Joe and are are....well...cheap! So I am proud to report that we saved bucho on the nursery. (However this kid has more clothes than a 40 year old man, can I just say its good I am not having a girl). We found the dresser at D.I. (a great idea from some friends - thanks Kade and Alisa) and Joe stained it to match the crib. Then he put on new handles and it looks brand new! A day or two later I found the rocking chair there and same thing stained it to match the crib as well as the long shelf. All in all his furniture cost less than $75 and looks amazing. I love the dark espresso color.

My Mom made this amazing cross stitch quilt on the wall. It took her about 7 months and is way to pretty to use so we hung it and it looks amazing. The pictures don't really do it justice.

4 comments:

Aubrey Hansen said...

SO CUTE!! Sorry I couldn't make it the other day, I need to come visit you. Its sad that I live down the street and haven't seen you in forever!

l + j said...

what a cute nursery! i love the fire trucks! i'll bet you can't wait to meet the little guy!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Cute! I'm excited to see him!

Rachel said...

Your nursery is so cute! We missed you at dinner tonight, good luck this week! I'm excited for you