Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Remembering Larry



I have wanted to write a post about Larry Miller since his passing and finally I have found the time to do it. Larry was more than the owner of the Jazz to me. He was someone I really admired. Not only was he an amazing entrepreuner but also an amazing individual. I just got done watching the ksl special on Larry and it brought tears to my eyes the amazing things he accomplished. Think of a man who was A BILLIONAIRE but spent MILLIONS on things that would HELP others. He brought the jazz to utah, the utah opera foundation, 10 million dollars for the joseph smith papers, millions to produce work and the glory and the list goes on and on!

I remember the night we took the above picture. I was anxiously awaiting my favorite player at the TIME, Derek Fisher to come out of the locker room. (Who since has joined the Lakers and fallen onto my nba player dislike list). However Larry walked by just before. My father-in-law asked Larry if Joe and I could get a picture with him. Of course being the kind man that Larry was he graciously stopped and took this picture with us. I don't think I'll really ever look at that Derek Fisher picture again, ironic, how that was the picture i was truly waiting for. But the picture above seems to have taken on a new meaning. I have learned so much from admiring Larry but most importantly I believe he taught this: "Go about doing good until there is too much good in the world." Thanks Larry. Thanks for Everything.

1 comment:

ahewitson said...

I watched that show as well and I almost cried too! I love Larry and, like you, totally hate Derek Fisher.