Thursday, September 9, 2010

Savor the Moments...


Everyday when Joe comes home from work he asks, "What did you do today?"
Since leaving my job, I always try to think of some huge task I accomplished. "Hmmm... I cleaned the bathrooms." "I studied for my personal training test." "I read Ty 12 books."

The more I have been thinking about this question, I have come to realize something very small. I don't need to sale $5,000 in clothing, clean every window in my house and have everything in perfect order to accomplish something that day. Its not about the big things it is about the little things. Not about the hours it took to clean up every piece of dog hair off my light tile. Not about the hours it took to organize my closet by color and sleeve length (I know I am kind of obsessive) rather its about the minutes and moments. The moments you think about someone else, write them a note, or send an e-mail. The moments you take time to savor, to appreciate.

Its about the moment that Ty learned that a cow says Moo. (However he can't pronounce his M's so it sounds like bmooooo. ) Or when he learned to go down the slide and constantly demands to do it again and again. Its about the moment I let Ty dip his own spoon in the yogurt for the first time and feed himself, which ended up with yogurt on the carpet instead of his mouth. Its about those moments when he gives you a big sloppy kiss, with his tongue of course. Its about those moments when he snuggles up to me when he is tired. Its about the moment he gets a smile on his face when he hears the bath tub water, sees his dad come home or mickey mouse on the t.v.

I've been touched lately with a spirit of gratitude for all of the huge things I have been blessed with. I am a very very lucky person. But I think its more than the big things we have to be grateful for, its the little things. Its the moments...the moments we have to savor.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Winston and Adrienne said...

I 100 percent agree Jamie! That is awesome that you were able to leave your job! I too have been feeling deeply grateful! These little ones bring in such a BIG spirit! As I read your blog I just smiled all the way through it! It is so true!

kecia said...

what a great post! Thanks for sharing! I LOVE that pic of you two!!

Rachel said...

What a cute post! I LOVE that picture of you all.

Brittani said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one that gets that question :) But I'm sure it's just a habit... or like our usual question, "How was work today?" At first it bugged me until I came to the same realization as you :) Isn't being a mom the greatest? :)