Friday, June 3, 2011

I have been blessed

Recently my friends (the ones who we did the 5k for) were able to adopt their precious little angel into their family. I am so happy for them.


Is she not adorable? I still really need to blog about the 5k because it was amazing.  But as a sidenote seeing them with her now is so great.  Knowing all those steps people took during the 5k was for this little girl and now she has a forever family. (Watch for a 5k post I am so behind).

If you would like to read about their journey go here: www.kareensjourneyhome.blogspot.com


With the sunshine, flowers blooming and baby ducklings I had a new burst of energy and happiness this morning. On my run this morning I kept thinking how blessed I am.  I know I've written posts like this before but I can't say it enough, how important it is for me to remember to be thankful and to have gratitude for the good things in our life because sometimes the bad can seem to take over.

Like this morning.  I found a recipe on someones blog (Thanks Rachel) and I never EVER make anything sweet, number one because I don't really enjoy eating sweets (I know I am crazy) and number two because then I just think about how many miles I'll have to run to work off that dumb cookie!  Well I decided to try to make these cookies.  They turned out A DISASTER.  First of all I used the wrong kind of mix (I used brownie instead of cake) and they where one flat burnt piece of grossness ;). If someone could properly make these cookies and deliever them to my house I'd be so happy :)

While I sat there mad that I went to the store at 7 a.m. to surprise Joe with these when he woke up, wasted time and money on them and they turned out like this, I began grumpily scrubbing all the dishes I used to whip these up.

I thought about something.  These cookies don't matter.  I laughed at myself,  for how upset I got about burning the cookies.  What matters is that we have gratitude in our hearts for the things that do go right.  For the important things. 

That's when these pictures come in.

What matters is that we try to love unconditonally.  Everyone.
 What matters is that we put a smile on our face and go on.
 What matters is how we treat those we care about the most.
 What matters is that we are thankful everyday.
Because burnt cookies in the end really don't matter.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

A. I'm so sorry the cookies didn't work out!
B. You are really missing out on the sweets world, I wish I had that self-control
C. Your family is so so cute (even Joe!, haha)